The concept of home can evoke strong, personal feelings that can be difficult to put into words; sometimes a smell, a taste, or even a sound can offer a sense of nostalgia for a place we once knew.
Presented by WOM Guide in collaboration with Taikoo Place and supported by Tong Chong Street Market and Asia Miles, The Gourmet Theatre invites five leading Hong Kong chefs to recreate the flavours of their homes, taking diners on a progressive dining experience in front of a stunning urban backdrop.
Nicholas Chew of Bibo
May Chow of Happy Paradise
Sang Jeong of ICHU Peru
Barry Quek of Beet
Jacky Chan of The Refinery
At intimate open-kitchen stations, each chef will prepare two dishes which will be expertly paired with wine, with diners progressing to the next station every 30 minutes. The exclusive journey also including a stop at a speakeasy-style cocktail bar by Baijiu Society, which will round out what promises to be an unmissable dining experience.
Date: Thursday 16 and Friday 17 January, 2020
6:30pm – 10:30pm
Dinner commences at 7:30pm sharp.
Price: HKD1,600 (inclusive of 10 courses plus wine pairing at 5 chef tables)
*Asia Miles members are required to provide valid membership details to earn Miles.
Buy your tickets now to earn HKD2 = 1 Asia Mile.
Nicholas Chew (Bibo)
- King crab, Cristal caviar, smoked cauliflower, asam pedas
- Grilled jackfruit, barley, winter truffle, kaffir
- Mini dacquoise, Tainan fermented tofu, vanilla cream
May Chow (Happy Paradise)
- Lap mei fan risotto
- Braised daikon, black tiger paw fungus consommé
Sang Jeong (ICHU Peru)
- Quinoa, kiwicha, mint, goat cheese, carrot
- Yellowtail ceviche, yuzu, dragon fruit, DYB soy sauce
Barry Quek (Beet)
- Local beets, cashews and smoked ricotta
- Shaoxing ice-cream, mulberries and marigold
Jacky Chan (The Refinery)
- Pan-fried mottled spinefoot with aged mandarin peel and DYB soy sauce
- Tofu stuffed with shrimp paste and bird’s nest in superior sauce
- Dinner will commence at 7:30pm sharp. Guests who are late may not experience the entire chefs' table experience.
- Menus do not have options for dietary restrictions.