It’s less than a month until the Valentine’s Day. Sure, you can have a candlelit dinner with significant other at your favourite restaurant or you can do something special. Here are the activities that everyone can enjoy on Valentine’s Day with or without valentine in Hong Kong and Macau.
1) Do the World's Highest Bungy Jump
Get once-in-a-lifetime experience at AJ Hackett Tower in Macau, you can experience the World's Highest Bungy - 233m. To make it even more memorable, Night Bungy is also available from 6pm. If that’s too much for you, you can opt for skywalk or tower climb too. Get tickets here.
2) Rent a caravan, go camping
In Hong Kong, winter is actually more appropriate season to stay outdoors. To get the full advantage of the mild weather, spend some quality time in Lantau Island, stay in this fully-equipped caravan, have barbeque, watch the stars and have late night talk…etc. Rent caravan here.
3) The Asia Biggest Speed Dating Event - Run Date HK 2018
It’s not exactly on Valentine’s Day, I know. But it’s on the Sunday right before it so you might have the chance to meet someone while burning the calories in HK Science Park? The event is hosted by Coffee Meets Bagel, a dating app popular among young professionals in Hong Kong. Get tickets here.
4) Have A Spa Day
It’s definitely a luxury treat for you and your loved one. There are so many options in Hong Kong but we highly recommend:
- Bliss Hotel at W Hotel – world-renowned and award-winning Bliss spa in Hong Kong is located at W Hotel where you can access WET – the rooftop swimming pool and enjoy the gorgeous harbour view.
- Caudalie – A hidden gem in Central! All the face and body treatments use products from French beauty brand Caudalie and all the treatments are surprisingly at resonable price. Please note that body treatments for female only.
5) Watch the award-winning film Shape of Water
It’s probably the most romantic film of 2018, it’s fairytale for adults. The story is about a muted cleaner called Eliza who works in an experiment lab which a mermaid-like creature is locked up too. They romance blossom there but they need to find a way to keep them safe…The film will be on screen in February in HK but it has already won The Golden Lion, Golden Globe Award for Best Director - Motion Picture, Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Picture…etc. In theatres on 1st February.
6) Get takeaway and throw mini party at home
Deliveroo is right there for you so you don’t have to you don’t have queue or make reservation to get your favourite food on the day. Place order here.
7) Challenge yourself with mini golf
Don’t worry, it’s not that hard as it sounds. The first mini golf club in Hong Kong Strokes is located in Causeway Bay and has two 9-holes mini golf courses, a restaurant and a bar. It’s a really cute date idea and a fun activity for a group of friends. For more information or make reservation, please click here.
8) Have a traditional afternoon tea
If you want to avoid crowd at dinner time but still want to celebrate, afternoon tea is a good idea. Try Clipper Lounge at Mandarin Oriental (psst...they have the best scones) or refurbished Tiffin at Grand Hyatt.
9) Get fleek brows
It sounds more like a girls-only activity but who knows? It doesn’t hurt for anyone to get well-groomed eyebrows while having bubbly drinks and small bites. You can have a private party at Benefit Boutique after opening hours, starting from $50 per person. Find a store in Hong Kong here.